Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Everything...means something.

His name is Hillbilly. He laughs...pauses...and laughs again while he points to his belt buckle...
"I got this when I was 21 and a half. Got this when I got my first bike. This vest I'm wearing also has some cool shit." He takes it off and buttons it back up and lays it on his lap. The story begins about a lifestyle I never knew anything about. Biker.
Hillbilly starts explaining first the patches - describing each experience of each ride that each patch represented. I never knew that. Each patch is from one of the rides, the history, the family he's gained along the way. The buttons are called "Days/Daze"(?) - they're given to you by someone - some meaning that they might have wanted you to remember. The pins - most of them silver are from shows - Sturgis and such...that is in fact where he acquired his vest...stolen from the 50th Annual event. Some store clerk was a jerk to him - so he turned around and left, with the vest on! He turned the vest to the back and said - "You wanna know what you do...?" Sure... "You sow this patch here on the back or wherever really and leave the top unsewn - get some cellophane because back in my day we didn't have these little baggies - put hundred doller bills in them - light the top and seal it and throw it in the patch and sew it up!" GTFOOH!!!! (Getthefuckoutofhere)
What a logical thing to do. Ha. He continues on with Biker stories that are only seen in the movies. Rides about guys from England and patches that clearly stirred up some deep emotional memories. He didn't talk about them more than the simple mention while describing the ones's that made him whale out with laughter. "GOD BLESS THAT LORI!" - "She was a wicked lady!" This...is my house sittings neighbor. They really do call him Hillbilly and he fits every description you might imagine for the "Hillbilly Biker"... He came over tonight to check on me - play with the dogs and told me stories about a life I knew little about. That was a real cool time. It made me think about what happen to us doing things to actually remember moments? Collecting pictures has even lost its importance in our world today. My mother always complains how no one ever sends her actual photos.
This was also a reassurance for me... When I went camping I did something I thought was totally dorky but necessary for the event. I made "Camp Bracelets" - it was cool. I thought it was going to be small but everyone was ECSTATIC!!! They loved them and now we can all walk around town with this badge of honor - for we were the first of many CUTTHROAT BAY CAMPERS.
End note: DO something to remember EACH moment. You're not a pack rat - just collecting memories to HELP you remember when you are old - or perhaps to drunk to remember, ha. enter.resting. #CUTTHROATBAY For LIFE!!! #BIKERS

No comments:

Post a Comment