Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

goodbye summer...ill see you next year!

tonight is the last night that i am allowed to do whatever i want. my last day not to plan, educate and raise the up and coming adults of the future! --2010/2011 school year is in effect ya'll and already it looks like we may be beginning to see change in our schools. there is now, officially, salad bar's in elementary school lunch rooms. this is a huge accomplishment and i would just like to let all the parents of the children i will be supervising during lunch know that your kids - will be encouraged and rewarded for choosing healthier foods. I am so excited about this, really.

secondly, I would like to give a shot out to all the kids who made my summer special. i had so much fun hosting "Camp Kalina" and keeping myself busy with activities and tons of imagination(s)! seriously, you couldn't ask for a better group of little kids! It rocked! This was also my first summer off with my kids!! i can't wait for future summers off with them, as i know it truly is a luxury!

for those who may not know me well, i'm attending college for a teacher licensure and work as a paraprofessional. i love it and am so glad i made the decision to work with children and their futures! one thing i can't wait for is to see the students from last year and how much they have grown over summer! i can't wait. i feel like a child the night before the first day of school. exploding with anticipation and anxious eyes as you imagine the following morning...wake up. get dressed (in your previously laid out clothes from the night before), extra fresh, pressed and ready to go! got your backpack all packed and zipped up, new sneaks, maybe a home lunch, maybe hot lunch (depends how mommy was feelin'!) and then off! to meet new friends and new crushes!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!! Love it!

i had a nice Summer and it was cool to see another side to mom-hood..."the stay at home mom, mom." but i will say that i am very happy to be going back to work, i enjoy the challenge...and it allows my kids time to grow and become even more dependent. we went camping a few times, bbq's and such, gardening and ran a mini camp inside my house. i'm told that it was one of the best CAMPS EVER!!!!!

LASTLY, my summer would not have been so great if it weren't for my dear friend Mary! Thank you Mary for latte's and conversation at the end of my day after all the kids and snacks and choas and blah, blah, blah! i love you dearly and would not have made it through the summer without you, FUUURRR REAL!

so...goodbye summer, i'll see ya when i see ya!

2 comments:

  1. Nice personality in your writing, I have just begun reading blogs, a true late bloomer, of course a writer myself- it's nice to peer into an amiable mind frame. Enjoy the new school year Mrs. Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Savvy...thanks for the compliment. i am new to blogging myself and feel overwhelmed when i step out to start reading other blogs! there is soooo many! this is truly a fun and interesting way to release a certain part of your inner self...i'm lovin it! do you have a blog to share?! thank you again taking the time to read!

    ReplyDelete