Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

HAPPETARY Achievement and Strangers!!!!

I went to a local eatery today. First time there with my mother. Our waitress was this hot, thick, young lookin' thang and she was on point with the good energy! By the middle of our breakfast I decided to do something some of us only talk about most times. And that is...what the heck does that girl/guy do?? Gameversation(a conversation game of guessing what other humans do in which you encounter.) She was happy, loving life and feeding me her energy for breakfast!!! Most people I go out in public with at some point say something like, "I wonder what that girl/guy does?" "How in the heck does this chick manage to survive while working at this local coffee shop??" There's gotta be something more to her happiness than just this coffee shop, right? Right! If any of that made sense above - what I'm trying to say is - the stories that we dream up in our heads about people we may not know personally or perhaps who you think you might know already - is sometimes amusing. Our minds have the capabilities to create such extravagant fantasies and to think of what one human to the next does on a daily basis, is one of my most treasured "Coffee Talk" things to do... It starts with something like...Hmmmm...look at that couple over there at the corner table. Jenny...what do you think their story is? Why are they free to go to breakfast at 10:30am on a Monday? What job could they possibly have that allows such? Then, you may glance at the fashion style choice in whatever establishment you're inside...Hmmmmm...so cute. How does that girl over there at the counter afford that purse?? What the heck is she doing right?? You may see this as a hatin' conversation but really it's just my curiosity to what others do within their daily lives and how they manage to survive and thrive all at the same time. And also, why are we/us afraid to talk to strangers? Or start a conversation with someone new? It might turn into a wonderful new friendship or connection!! You never know! Blah Blah Blah!! So I asked all the things I was pondering over. I talked to a stranger ya'll! Had the best chat with who we shall call - DIVA! She was awesome. She works at this hipster-funky cafe 4 days a week and does artsy shit with her friends the rest of the time! I loved it! She was 41 but didn't look a day over 30! She sat and we all chatted about life, growing up, living a simple life where happiness really does depend on quality of life and NOT monetary status but rather HAPPETARY ACHIEVEMENT!!! HOORAH!!! (Which I will add that obviously quality of life has a bit to do with monetary status but I refer to this much deeper, you dig me?) It was one of those - Life's gonna be okay moments. Ya know? We connected. She appreciated the conversation and we both walked away high! So I conclude...that you too start talking to more strangers! Get to know the people you exchange energy with on a daily basis or even just for that one moment! You may never see them again. But...if you do! Bonus! I think I'm just a big dork and a sucker for human connection. enter.resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment