Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Moment of Mind Talk in the Kitchen...

Just a quick thought here as I'm pouring some ice tea and warming up some left over Chinese food. I'm evaluating everything I quickly threw together in a basket earlier at the store and considered it as "shopping"...so then, you ever wonder WHAT THE HELL DID I BUY FROM THE STORE??? Exactly. My thoughts right now - next to the refrigerator. I mean, I bought the essential items that are able to provide my body with nutrition all while enjoying every item so not to waste... Anyway, this lead to the real discussion here - You ever wonder what happen to some of the food choice items you used to keep on the "Staples" list?? (Staples list for those who don't know is what them old folks call "The Essentials") It's like our diets change every few months. Then one night you look in the fridge for something to chew and THEN WHAM!!! It hits you like a ton of elephants!! I FORGOT ABOUT THAT!!!! You forgot that for months you were consistently buying tomatoes, basil, bread, mozzarella, and olive oil. In fact, you survived on this particular concoction and must have simply gotten tired of it? Which then is the reason we might forget some of the old foods we used to stock. So now that I've processed this thought - I guess I answered my own question about Where - THAT - went. We simply got sick of eating the same thing - mentioned this to ourselves at the store and then decided upon something new and brave to try that we are currently eating - that is, until we get sick of THAT. Weirdo. enter.resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment